Pages

Monday, January 19, 2009

A New Day

During last night and today I have a had a very strange feeling.  Strange, in the fact that it has been a calming feeling, a happy feeling.  A feeling that good things might be getting ready to happen, which has seemed Strange because 2 out of 5 people in my family have been sick, our house is torn apart once again, and yet I have felt calm and happy.
Tomorrow is a brand new day, just like everyday is, but tomorrow will be different.  Our household will have a new babysitter to be broken in by Mr. Stinky and Mr. Mischief.  A sweet girl, who I am praying does not run screaming from our house after her first day.  The house is trashed due to the basement floor being jackhammered up (trying to solve the water problem), dust, cd's, guitar equipment, art material and laundry is everywhere!  What better way to introduce a new sitter? she can see the worst from the get-go.
Tomorrow is a brand new start to dance class.  The girls start learning their recital routines and the heat is on!!  These are must learn routines for Ms. Bellie and myself.  Come recital time, I will have to transpose all of these new dance moves into my arms and turn them backwards to help the girls perform on stage (but there is time)!
Tomorrow is a brand new start to grocery shopping.  A budget has been put in place and I am scared that I will blow it.  Less money to be spent, for more money to be saved and used for other things.
Tomorrow is a brand new start for America and the African American community.  We will have a new President, as you are all aware.  I'm not tricked into believing that Barack Obama can solve the problems in our world today.  I'm not certain yet President Elect Obama will be a better or worse President than any of the 43 men who came before him.  I am certain that he has exuded a feeling of Hope and Freedom for many in our country, therefore the wonderful community of STL have decided to name a street after him.  
Because tomorrow is a brand new day, I thought I would give the blog a new look.  A simple look.  A clean look.  I hope you enjoy it.  Let me know what you think if you wish and watch for new things to come.

No comments: