Pages

Monday, January 19, 2009

I won an award!


I won an award!!

I received an award from my dearest friend Maeve's Mom. She was kind enough to say: "My friend Tracy: I met her at church 10 years ago. She watched Maeve when she was a baby and I was in a pinch. Tracy is one of the most down-to-earth, honest, friendly people I know. She hasn't been blogging long, but I'm glad she's doing it."
When I read this I almost starting crying. I value Maeve's Mom's opinion ALOT! Most people tell me that my "down-to-earth, honest" opinion is not anything welcome to their ears or heart. I have actually lost a lot of friends because of my mouth. But, I have to tell you, it has been told that not only what I say is honest and down-to-earth, it can be painfully truthful. If you don't want to hear what I have to say, don't stick around long enough for me to get to know you; if you're brave and willful for a challenge, just tell me to be quiet and we'll be friends forever!
So in the spirit of The Proximidade Award: "This blog invests and believes in PROXIMITY - nearness in space, time and relationships! These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers! Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award." I nominate:

Seeking Sanity
Threaded Basil
Jenny
The Country Doctors Wife
A Mom and her Camera
I wish I had three more bloggers to enter into this award, but the down-to-earth, honest truth is I don't know any other bloggers well enough to receive this award. This may say that my blogging community is limited, and this is true, but it is also to say that while I might not think myself to be "exceeding charming" I do "aim to find and be friends" and so do the blogs I nominate!
Congratulations!

No comments: