Pages

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Something on my wall(s)

The most talked about piece of "anything" I have on our walls is this map.  It hangs in the living room and everyone who shows up at my house for the first time says they have never seen anything like it before.  I love maps and try to collect them from wherever we go.

The Wolf hangs in our kitchen and is a constant reminder of what you can do if you put you mind too it.  Doug Landis is the artist.  He is from Kirkwood and is a quadroplegic.  The wolf was drawn with a pencil and his mouth.  I had the wonderful opportunity to work with his wife for a brief period and she explained to me that most of his drawings are done with his mouth upside down.  Simply amazing.

The cross hangs in our dining room and is a reminder to me that God created all things.  I'm partial to trees!  I hope you enjoy seeing a brief bit of what I enjoy seeing myself!



1 comment:

Jenny said...

I certainly did enjoy seeing a brief bit of what you enjoy seeing! That's a great way to put it. Thank you so much for sharing!