Pages

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Knock Knock

Knock Knock!

Who's there?

Old man.

Old man who?

Old man WINTER is knocking on your door!!


Another rainy Tuesday.  It always seems to rain on Tuesday.  Last year during the winter and spring months it rained on Tuesday.  I remember this because Tuesday evenings are the "long drive" evenings.  And on the long drive it rained, and rained.

Today I get to open a cabinet and have a plethora of hats, gloves, mittens, scarves, ear muffs, and other cold weather odds and ends, fall on my head.  I will separate them out: snow only, school only, church only.  Then I will have to figure out where to put them all.  Will they go in pockets of jackets or in an overflowing basket that I will be picking up constantly during the days of winter?  There is something about a full basket that makes little people want to throw.

Today I also get to put together a desk.  My baby girl turned 8 on Sunday and she asked for a desk.  I was so proud that she asked for this desk.  I have visions in my head of watching her sitting at her new desk doing homework, working math problems, reading books, and writing letters.  I will cherish these moments if they happen because now that she knows how to type, next year I'm sure she will be asking for a laptop!

Enjoy your Tuesday and if Old Man Winter knocks on your door, invite him in to stay awhile.  It's time!

1 comment:

Maeve's Mom said...

For what it's worth, we put everyone's scarves, hats, gloves in a fabric bin with their name on the label. Also, I buy two tons of those cheap stretchy gloves for the kids and shove a pair in the pockets of every jacket, coat, etc. Great for when you're running out the door and don't have time to dig through the basket (also, if you're lame like me you buy unisex colors and everyone can share)! Happy almost winter to you!